Notary at the Library
Guidelines for Notary Service at the Library:
In addition to the rules and regulations that govern notaries, the following guidelines are in place:
- Notary Service is available to Salida Regional Library patrons and district residents.
- Notary service is available by appointment or walk-in on the third Monday of the month between the times of 4:30 p.m. and 5:30 p.m. only. Prescheduled appointments will receive priority. Because notary service is in addition to the staff member’s regular duties, some delays may be possible.
- Proper identification, in the form of a current government issued photo ID, must be provided. Some examples are: driver’s license, passport, military ID card, or resident alien card.
- If a document to be notarized must be witnessed by others, the patron must provide the witness. Library staff members are not available to witness documents.
- Notary will keep a record of all names using this service.
- A $5.00 fee will be charged for notary service. Payment is due ahead of service.
- Notary has the final decision as to which documents will be notarized. Notary has the right to refuse to notarize documents if there appears to be any irregularities. Notary cannot notarize wills or deeds to property.
- Notary does not give legal advice or legal references.
Call 719 539-4826 to set up an appointment.