Salida Regional Library Board of Trustees
Agenda – 5/24/16
- Call to order.
- Reading & approval of minutes.
- Discussion of financial report.
- Quickbooks reports.
- Deposit detail.
- Deposits & Investments.
- Public Comment.
- Reports of Officers.
- Report of Director.
- Action Items and Unfinished business.
- Discussion of how much to accept for “gifts”
- Tax district information
- Policy review: Circulation and Interlibrary loan (sent ahead of meeting)
- New Business.
- Policy for: “Public Records Request”, “Study Room Policy” (sent ahead of
- Management Records online: discussion on what SRL will post on the website:
i.e. audits, budgets, meeting minutes/agendas, etc
- New Federal salaried employees & overtime/Personnel Policy
Salida Regional Library
Board of Trustees Meeting
The regular June meeting of the Board of Trustees was held at the Library. Four of the five Trustees were present; Dick Isenberger, Tim Sundgren, Steve Craig, and Susan Ragan; Connie DeLuca was absent. Also present was Director Susan Matthews. President Isenberger called the meeting to order at 5:00 pm and Amanda Nye Stevenson recorded the Minutes of the meeting.
Motion by Steve Craig, seconded by Tim Sundgren, to approve the 05/24/16 minutes. Motion carried.
- Invoices are not always paid in the same month from year to year.
- Budgeted items are entered as closely as possible to the anticipated date of payment. Monthly items are entered as 1/12 of budget. It is a personal preference which budget report is most informative.
- The budget for Janitorial services was increased for 2016 but we have not experienced a higher cost so we have some buffer in this account to cover other anticipated cleaning projects.
Motion by Susan Ragan, seconded by Steve Craig, to approve the May financial report. Motion carried.
Deposit Detail, Payment of Bills, CD worksheet, Capital One Statement, & Payroll Report
- The Capital One summary does not match the check written 5/16/16, this summary was in the April packet.
- Two bonds were called this month. Currently, the funds are sitting in the money market account awaiting investment by Troy Hunsucker.
Motion by Steve Craig, seconded by Tim Sundgren to approve the 5/16/16-6/20/16 bills per the attached list. Motion carried.
- No members of the public were present, no public comment.
- No Officers’ Report
- Universal Class, an on-line resource, has been purchased for an annual cost of $1500.00. This is a program we carried in the past but the cost has dropped significantly (~ half) and has been expanded. Two patrons signed-up today. Susan is hoping the School District may reimburse part of the cost as it could replace the currently used Odyseyware. The new contact personnel at the School District begins July 1st. The courses are free to our patrons, have real instructors, and offer certificate courses including GED. The program is ~10 years old, AIC net certified, and non-profit. Susan mentioned 10 classes specifically in her last Mt. Mail article. Colorado Mountain College is the only option locally for continuing education and is quite costly.
- A Check-out Colorado backpack has already been checked out.
- Library in the Park had about 12-14 kids participate. Susan is leading the program with help from a high schooler.
- Spanish Story Hour had 6 kids and their parents participate.
- The last day to sign up for Summer Reading is July 1st. 287 children are enrolled so far with a total of 61, 521 pages read. Summer Reading concludes the end of July. There will be a party at the park with field day type stations including a human soccer bubble ball (purchased cooperatively by CLiC and delivered by courier).
- A landscaping project has been completed; the rock areas around the building have been weeded and the grass area reseeded on the west side.
- The windows are scheduled to be cleaned and the building power-washed in August.
- 4H Maker Spaces, a STEM based mobile unit will have science experiments in the park in the fall.
- Susan has contacted the Sherriff to conduct emergency evacuation training.
- There was a power outage that caused an employee to be stuck in the elevator. Staff was unable to open the door as was Fire Chief Bess. Kone will instruct us how to open a stuck door on their next maintenance.
- Susan will have prepared by the next meeting a RFP for a new front sign.
- Audit-The first draft of the audit is complete. Susan has one item to clarify with Jo regarding the CCOERA agreement. Susan will email to the Board the draft. July 31st is the deadline for submission to the State. Jo is not planning a meeting with the Board.
- Employee gifts-(Susan-I do not understand the origin of this discussion so I am confused….)MSEC referred to article 29 (of?). They have a copy of the ethics handbook available upon request.
- Internet Policy-Susan looked at other libraries’ policies; ours is similar. Dick suggested changing exhaustive to comprehensive, 4th paragraph, 2nd sentence.
Motion by Susan Ragan, seconded by Steve Craig, to readopt the Internet Use Policy. Motion carried.
- Our policies and minutes are on the website under the Board tab.
Motion to adjourn the regular meeting at 6:21 was seconded. Motion carried.
The next regular meeting will be held at 5:00 pm 07/26/16 at the Library.
As Trustees in attendance at this meeting, we certify the correctness of the Minutes: