Salida Regional Library Board of Trustees
Agenda – 3/22/16
- Call to order.
- Reading & approval of minutes.
- Discussion of financial report.
- Quickbooks reports.
- Deposit detail.
- Deposits & Investments.
- Public Comment.
- Reports of Officers.
- Report of Director.
- Action Items and Unfinished business.
- Update on Dick Isenberger contacting Mt. Mail and Harry Brull for picture and thank you.
- MSEC review of SRL Employee Handbook
- New Business.
- Review 2014 audit and discuss any concerns before 2015 audit takes place.
- Board calendar: review and discuss anything to be added or deleted.
- Sign paperwork for account changes: should Tim be added as Co-Treasurer?
Salida Regional Library
Board of Trustees Meeting
The regular March meeting of the Board of Trustees was held at the Library. All five Trustees were present; Dick Isenberger, Tim Sundgren, Susan Ragan, Connie DeLuca and Steve Craig. Also present was Director Susan Matthews. President Isenberger called the meeting to order at 5:02 pm and Amanda Nye Stevenson recorded the Minutes of the meeting.
Motion by Susan Ragan, seconded by Connie DeLuca to approve the 02/23/16 minutes. Motion carried.
- The Board requested that the Revenue and Expenditures for the year be expressed as a total to-date.
- Prospector expenses should be recorded as a subcategory of Operations.
- The budgeted amount for interest needs to be reviewed for the 4 funds.
Motion by Connie DeLuca, seconded by Susan Ragan, to approve the February financial report. Motion carried.
Deposit Detail, Payment of Bills, CD worksheet, Capital One Statement, & Payroll Report
Motion by Steve Craig, seconded by Susan Ragan to approve the 2/20-3/17/16 bills as per the attached list. Motion carried.
- ColoTrust interest rate continues to rise.
- CD worksheet is missing an equation on the Weighted Average Maturity; Susan M. will review.
- No members of the public were present, no public comment.
- Susan M. contacted Jacqueline Murphy, attorney for the State Library, in regards to a patron request to not use titles in emails as it was perceived to be a violation of public domain and patron privacy. She stated it was not and gave websites to go to in regards to the topic.
- No Officers’ Report
- Susan M. has had multiple meetings with the janitor detailing expectations. If there is an issue, the janitor will leave a note for Susan. Becky and Susan were reviewing the spreadsheet of tasks but are no longer using this spreadsheet.
- A walk-through was conducted at the rental property. The tenant will keep in contact regarding any maintenance issues. Susan notified him that the rent will remain the same of which he was appreciative.
- The State Annual Report has been completed. Some interesting statistics for 2015: active patron cards increased by 800 (1992 non-resident, 6122 resident-Salida, Poncha Springs, Maysville, and Garfield by zip code), website hits were 55,000 in 2014 increasing to 81,000 in 2015, website unique visitors viewing pages beyond the homepage increased from 29,000 to 60,000. Our library loaned 47,839 items and borrowed 19,460.
- Susan R. reported that according to Chaffee County 600 homes in the county are ‘second homes’.
- We now keep our ‘new’ items in-house for three months before releasing to other Marmot and Prospector libraries to borrow.
- Mountain States Employers Council (MSEC) has approved our Employee Handbook.
- TaAnna has created a Facebook page for the Library.
- The book sale collected $1157. There are still thousands of items leftover. Susan sent to the courier ~20 boxes to CliC. The Chaffee County jail picked up 8 boxes of paperbacks. Also, the hostel, Columbine Manor, and the Montessori school will take some as well. The rest will be recycled. Steve shared the Maui libraries use of Friends of the Library system. Susan is hoping for a dedicated group to man regularly and deal with the ‘aftermath’.
- We are looking for a new patron to take over the art displays.
- Susan attended the Sunrise Rotary Club meeting
- Susan will be attending the PLA conference in Denver the beginning of April.
- A Marmot cataloging meeting will be held in Rifle, April 20th.
- April 21-22 attending Marmot Council meetings
- May 12th a New Director meeting will be held by CLiC
a. Harry Brull
- Dick contacted Paul Goetz and he or Arlene will attend the contract signing. Tuesday or Thursday of the week of March 28th, 1 pm is a time that will work for all.
b. Employee Handbook
- Discussed above
- Agreement has been signed, we are awaiting the scheduling. Amanda is preparing the requested information prior to the visit.
- No known issues need addressing at this point.
b. Board calendar
- Add the review of the rental property to September
- During the April meeting the Board will review the Patron Behavior and Unattended Child policies
c. Account signatures
- The process to update the signature cards for the checking, money market, and CD continues
- Tim needs to be added to the PB&T checking account
Motion by Susan Ragan, seconded by Tim Sundgren, to purchase a $100 gift certificate for Harry. Motion carried.
Motion to adjourn the regular meeting at 6:11 was seconded. Motion carried.
The next regular meeting will be held at 5:00 pm 04/26/16 at the Library.
As Trustees in attendance at this meeting, we certify the correctness of the Minutes: