Salida Regional Library Board of Trustees
Agenda – 2/23/16
1. Call to order.
2. Reading & approval of minutes.
3. Discussion of financial report.
a. Quickbooks reports.
b. Deposit detail.
d. Deposits & Investments.
4. Public Comment.
a. Reports of Officers.
b. Report of Director.
6. Action Items and Unfinished business.
a. Rental property
b. Shelf dividers installed (no invoice yet)
c. Rotary club Imagination Library funds
d. Boiler update
7. New Business.
The regular March meeting of the Board of Trustees was held at the Library. All five Trustees were present; Dick Isenberger, Tim Sundgren, Susan Ragan, Connie DeLuca and Steve Craig. Also present was Director Susan Matthews. President Isenberger called the meeting to order at 5:02 pm and Amanda Nye Stevenson recorded the Minutes of the meeting.
Salida Regional Library
Board of Trustees Meeting
The regular February meeting of the Board of Trustees was held at the Library. Four of the five Trustees were present; Dick Isenberger, Tim Sundgren, Susan Ragan, and Connie DeLuca; Steve Craig was absent. Also present was Director Susan Matthews. President Isenberger called the meeting to order at 5:00 pm and Amanda Nye Stevenson recorded the Minutes of the meeting.
Motion by Tim Sundgren, seconded by Connie DeLuca to approve the 01/26/16 minutes. Motion carried.
- Insurance credit amount should be in the repairs expense
- Budget amounts that are unscheduled payments should be split equally for the 12 months
- A new version of QuickBooks will need to be purchased this year
Motion by Connie DeLuca, seconded by Susan Ragan, to approve the January financial report. Motion carried.
Deposit Detail, Payment of Bills, CD worksheet, Capital One Statement, & Payroll Report
Motion by Susan Ragan, seconded by Connie DeLuca to approve the 1/21/16-2/19/16 bills as per the attached list. Motion carried.
- No CDs are maturing until the end of the year
- Per an email notification, there is a new Director at Colorado Trust who will be trying to meet all clients is the next 6 month.
- No members of the public were present, no public comment.
- No Officers’ Report
- The shelf dividers have been installed in the annex; it is more organized and functional. Total cost came in under the estimate.
- The boiler has been fixed. We have a $1,000 deductible leaving $2412.00 to be covered by the insurance. The new part is warrantied.
- The employee handbook has been submitted to MSEC
- Susan met with Jeff regarding completing the annual report due March 15
- Susan has contacted Blair regarding scheduling the audit
- The spring book sale will be Saturday 3/19/16
- The PLA (Public Library Association) conference will be held in Denver 4/5-4/9/16. Susan will attend a seminar for new Directors.
- The Marmot Council will be meeting in Rifle 4/21-4/22/16
- Susan has been scheduling ‘shadow’ days to observe staff and understand their duties
- Susan sent a letter to the Rotary regarding funding for the Imagination Library program and may attend the meeting at Wallbangers
- Susan will check the Director’s insurance policy regarding coverage while attending out-of-town meetings and name the Library as an additional insured on her personal auto coverage
- Staff take the credit card to make meal, hotel, etc. purchases while traveling
- Gas mileage is reimbursed at the Federal rate
a. Rental Property
- Connie estimates $1200 would be the market rent. The tenant has been great and even pays for minor repairs himself. Connie recommends not to raise the rent, or minimally. 10% is the going fee for property managers. The property is in very good shape; he has remodeled and improved the property. In 2-3 years when he vacates, the Board will need to evaluate how to use the property.
Motion by Susan Ragan, seconded by Tim Sundgren, not to change the rent amount. Motion carried.
b. Shelf dividers
- Discussed above
c. Rotary Club
- Discussed above
- Discussed above
e. Officer Election
- Connie has expressed concerns with her priorities in the coming year.
Motion by Tim Sundgren, seconded by Susan Ragan, to re-elect the current Officer’s with the addition of Tim Sundgren as co-Treasurer. Motion carried.
- Tim will need to be added to the signature cards for the various bank accounts
a. Director’s contract
- Dick and Susan addressed a few points
Motion by Susan Ragan, seconded by Connie DeLuca, to approve the Director’s contract. Motion carried.
- Dick emailed Harry Brull thanking him for his efforts. Also, confirmed that he will conduct a six-month review. Dick suggested a group photo of the Board as a gift. A $100 gift certificate was discussed. Additionally, an article in the Mountain Mail could be submitted. The process was ‘deeper’ than anticipated and Harry’s in-gratis efforts were greatly appreciated. The Board is excited to have Susan on-board.
Motion by Susan Ragan, seconded by Tim Sundgren, to purchase a $100 gift certificate for Harry. Motion carried.
Motion to adjourn the regular meeting at 5:50 was seconded. Motion carried.
The next regular meeting will be held at 5:00 pm 03/22/16 at the Library.
As Trustees in attendance at this meeting, we certify the correctness of the Minutes: